Tuesday 3 April 2012

Rain, rain go away....

What a miserable day?! After a week of glorious sunshine I have awoken to lots of rain this morning. Although this means no BBQ for me today, I'm sure my garden is very grateful for the drink.

My husband and I have been busy planting lots of lovely things in our garden. It has been a blank canvas for a year and a half as we settled into our new home and were busy out and about, exploring the beautiful countryside. This year we have decided to give our little patch of green some much deserved TLC and have started with some beautiful young trees and Rhododendrons. I've also purchased some fruit bushes to plant - blueberry and raspberry! Perfect for making jam and for decorating homemade cakes. Hidden under the compost are some herbs I planted a week or so ago and some sunflower seeds (left over from my Wedding a year and a half ago). I really hope they grow! I'll be sure to post some photos of our progress soon.

On a crafty note, I'm currently making some soft toys for my new nephew, George. He was born two and a half weeks ago and he is just beautiful. Both baby and mummy are doing well and this auntie is delighted to be able to shower little George with lots of homemade gifts. He has already received his first little knitted cardie and booties (see pics below - left: baby elephant teddy and right: George's first hand knitted Cardie and booties)









This half-term (once the planning and marking is done) I plan to spend lots of time outside enjoying the beautiful countryside and mountains that surround me. I've been out this weekend and feel so lucky to have such beauty on my doorstep. Climbing, walking and crafting.......what a way to spend a half-term :)

Lots of love and crafty hugs,

Knittynora xxx


P.s. All photos are my own. Please ask for permission before using these elsewhere. xx

(Outdoor pics - top left: climbing Red Pike, bottom left: some scrambling on Middle Fell - Iron Crag)

No comments:

Post a Comment