Sunday 2 September 2012

Autumn is here!

Well, well....that was summer, was it?

Now, I don't want to get into a whole post about how pants the weather is up North but would just like to point out that I think the summer forgot the North this year :)

With the arrival of Autumn, I'm in full knitting mode. Any excuse to pick up my knitting needles is good enough for me! You certainly get a few funny looks knitting during the summer months but with the cooler weather setting in it suddenly becomes 'ok' to sit in a coffee shop with all your knitting paraphernalia :)

During a recent trip to Carlisle I picked up some delicious new yarn in a gorgeous green colour and a new cable needle (I LOVE cable knit!). The first thing I used my new yarn for was a cute little lace effect beret. It's so light and soft. Perfect for the beginning of Autumn when your don't want chunky knits that are too warm. Pictures to follow......

I've also been busy making some accessories for the new school term including a 'string' bag, perfect for carrying my lunch.

String bag

And a new black snood, perfect for the chilly mornings.




And a cute little hat for my nephew.....

Ever so sweet baby hat

I'm just about to begin a new scarf with pockets....because we all need pockets! :)

And with the cooler weather I have the perfect excuse to start cooking big, old fashioned style stews. Today I'll think I may even cook a roast (not something we get round to when we're out climbing hills). A day at home with the husband relaxing and watching films is exactly what I need the day before I go back to work after the summer holidays.


Much love and crafty well wishes,

KnittyNora xxxx


p.s. here's a sneaky peek at the pizza I made last week. After much searching and experimentation, I've finally found a gluten-free recipe that works! Yummy... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment