Tuesday 16 July 2013

Summer crafting

Sun, sun, sun! It's everywhere!





I LOVE a bit of sunshine, especially when I've got nothing else to do but relax in my little garden and eat ice cream......and not forgetting a bit of alfresco crafting. As you will have seen from a previous post, I have been busy altering some old clothes into new, summer friendly outfits.


Here is a picture of my finished skirt............I'm actually quite proud of this :)



The finished article


As modelled by me



As well as being on a 'mend and make do' mission, I've also been creating some new knitting patterns. I really enjoy making up my own patterns. They can take a while to work out and I sometimes have to make adjustments (as I change my mind about the finished item) but find the whole activity really fulfilling. There's nothing quite like receiving compliments on an item you've designed and created yourself.

Here is a little something I've been working on....................


A work in progress......... cable knit cushion



Have any of you ever designed and created your own crafty creations? I'd love to hear about them and/or see some pics :)



Lots of love,

KnittyNora xx







No comments:

Post a Comment