Wednesday 18 May 2016

Adventures of the crafty kind.


Hello, it's me again! 


So, by now you'll probably be used to the fact that my posts have become rather...... well, sporadic. Due, in most part, to my complete lack of energy. This can be very frustrating at times. Most recently, I've been thinking about my blog and the content that I post. For a long time I have be wary of posting too much about my health issues because I'm not someone who likes to share for sharing's sake. I'm also not very good with sympathy... :/

Some months ago I met and made friends with the loveliest lady. She has become something of an inspiration to me and is always so encouraging of my crafty plans and projects. We regularly meet for a natter, a chai tea and to share pattern ideas and inspirations. I always leave feeling uplifted and full of confidence that the things I make are 'good enough' and well made. More about this in future posts...

For the past couple of months I have had to rest and take extra special care of myself. During this time I have been making and creating when I can. My crochet skills have continued to develop and I am really pleased with my new found skills. I have become something of a convert to crocheting. I still love a bit of knitting but have to admit that crocheting is a lot quicker and easier to transport around (very important when you're travelling to and from hospital appointments).

Below are some pictures of my most recent makes. As you will see, most are crochet projects and home furnishings.

Mossa stitch cushion cover against our new charcoal sofa

Mossa stitch in the great outdoors


My very own granny square cushion design
(This will sit alongside the Mossa cushion on the sofa)


An extra special gift for a very special lady


Here, at KnittyNora HQ, we are in the middle of some redecorating/re-imagining of our home. We have lived in our little house for 5 1/2 years now and the signs of wear and tear are becoming very obvious. Cue lots of online research for design ideas and the purchase of a few litres of paint. Thankfully, my husband has been on hand to help out and has been busy putting together shelving units (got to love IKEA!) and has made a start on the painting. It gets very frustrating that I'm unable to help with much of this work but for now I am focusing on the positives and keeping my hands busy with some crochet accessories to finish off the final look.

I shall sign off with a photo of my beautiful pooch, Buster (seen here showing off a crochet bandana I made for him). This gorgeous boy never fails to put a smile on my face 😘

Until next time, much love and best wishes,

KnittyNora xx

No comments:

Post a Comment