Thursday 8 September 2016

Me, my craft and the dreaded fatigue.

So, my fatigue has been kicking my butt recently. I'm having to admit to myself that I cannot do all the things I want to do and, no matter how hard I want to push myself, this is ok.

I've been keeping myself occupied with Pinterest research and have discovered some really lovely craft pages, which is always a bonus. All this research has inspired me to crochet some more clothes for myself and has given me lots of ideas for patterns of my own. So, whilst I may not be able to make when my energy is low, I'm still able to be creative :)

New project.


Over the last few days I've made a start on a simple granny square bag pattern. It's nice and simple which means I don't have to concentrate too much and, because it's made in sections, the project can be broken down into manageable chunks - very important when you suffer with chronic fatigue.

Here are a few photos of my progress so far........

This project is perfect for using up your yarn stash. You can choose and match as many or as few colours as you wish. 

General idea for the bag layout. The rectangles form the front and back whilst the granny squares form the sides and the treble stitch piece forms the base. 

I love the simple granny square/rectangle pattern. Fun, easy to make but so effective. 


Sixty Million Trebles project.


For those of you that haven't heard, there is a new yarn bomb project on the street. The Sixty Million Trebles project is aimed at raising awareness of the estimated 60 million refugees worldwide. The idea is that one (treble) stitch equals one life. I am one of the many people who have so far joined the cause and hope that many more of you will join the team and help us to spread the word for this cause.

The aim is to make (crochet or knit) one huge blanket (to include a minimum of 60 million treble stitches) that will be unveiled in London next Summer. The final blanket will be made up of lots of smaller blankets, each measuring 36" square. We are aiming to break the record for the largest handmade blanket in the world! This is where you lovely lot come in :)

Can you crochet or knit? Do you know anyone else that can? Are you able to share the details of this project via your own social media profiles (whether that be a blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)? As far as this project is concerned, the more the merrier!!

After the record attempt is made, the individual blankets will be distributed to refugee camps and charitable organisations that support refugees throughout the world.

You can find out more details here and see what the other group members have been making. You can also follow us on Twitter - @sixtymilliontre


Well, that's it from me today. I'm off to make myself a cuppa, put my feet up and continue with my granny square bag project.

Thanks for reading,

KnittyNora xx





No comments:

Post a Comment